Any good mechanic in Brisbane will tell you that all cars make noises, but there are some noises you can ignore and there are some that need immediate attention. If your car has been making any unusual noises that concern you, then we recommend that you book in for a mobile vehicle inspection in Brisbane, as it is always better to be safe than sorry.
If you hear any of the following 7 sounds, it is time to find a good mechanic in Brisbane.
- Grinding: In manual cars, if you hear a grinding noise when you try to change gears this could be a problem with the clutch or the gears themselves.
- High pitch squeal on braking: When you tap the brakes and you hear this type of noise, it usually means that your brake pads or brake shoes need replacing, but it could be something as simple as dirt on the rotors. A good mechanic in Brisbane can diagnose this problem for you and have you back on the road in no time at all.
- High pitch squeal on acceleration: This can mean that one of the belts in the engine has come loose and needs replacing. A mobile vehicle inspection in Brisbane will pick this up, before it becomes a bigger problem.
- Knocking: More often than not, if you hear a knocking sound from the engine it’s because you’re using a lower grade fuel than recommended by the manufacturer, but it can also be due to a loose bearing or a faulty piston.
- Hissing noise: If you hear a hissing sound when you turn the engine off – check your engine and radiator for leaks.
- One or more loud bangs: This is usually due to your exhaust backfiring, most likely due to the air-fuel mix being too rich or even a problem with the catalytic convertor. A good mechanic in Brisbane will quickly diagnose the problem and fix it for you.
- Roaring on acceleration: You could have a hole in your exhaust system or alternatively, the clutch or the automatic transmission could be slipping.
Generally, there is more than one cause for all of these noises. So the best action you can take is to book a mobile inspection in Brisbane and have your car checked ASAP.