As a mobile brake mechanic in Brisbane, I’m often asked to examine a customer’s brakes, because of a screeching or grinding noise coming from the car. While I highly recommend that you have your car regularly serviced to identify issues, you can quite often pick up brake problems yourself as well.
So to avoid you paying for costly mobile brake repairs in Brisbane, let’s take a look at five common signs that your brakes need attention.
- Brake light warning: If your brake warning light comes on your dashboard, this is a sure sign that you need to call in your mobile brake mechanic in Brisbane to investigate the problem. Ignoring your brake light will only lead to a more serious problems down the road.
- Your car pulls to the side: When you engage the brakes, if the car pulls to one side it could mean a number of problems. Your brake fluid may be leaking, your brakes might need to be replaced, because they are worn or they could just need adjusting. Mobile brake repairs in Brisbane don’t always cost an arm and a leg, because a simple adjustment isn’t all that expensive.
- Your car vibrates: When you engage the brakes, if your car or steering wheel or brake pedal vibrates, then it is likely that you have problems with your rotors. These are not too expensive to fix actually, so don’t worry about the cost, just make sure you call us for your mobile brake repairs in Brisbane and we will fix them straight away.
- Screeching brakes: When you engage the brakes and you hear a screeching sound, all this means is that your brake pads need replacing. This is not a huge or expensive problem, if seen to straight away. So simply set a date for your mobile brake mechanic in Brisbane to call around and you will be on the road in no time at all.
- Grinding brakes: If you have ignored your screeching brakes for long enough, you will start to hear a grinding noise instead. This means that your brake rotors are beyond saving and there might be other problems as well. This might be an expensive fix, it just depends on what is involved.
For all your mobile brake repairs in Brisbane, call Premium Mechanical Services on 0422 156 277 or you can book a mobile service online today.